Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Search #954 Financial Analyst
Our client is an energy company focused on production of low carbon energy through the alignment of hydrocarbons and natural gas-fired (with carbon capture) and renewable power generation solutions. Producing properties include liquids-rich natural gas in West Central regions of Alberta. Through integration of gas production, the Corporation seeks to capture a larger portion of the hydrocarbons value chain by securing access to the downstream markets, focusing on power in the near to medium term and monitoring transition energy opportunities for the long-term, contributing to a profitable and sustainable energy transition with low greenhouse gas emissions.
Why Consider this Role
· You are in on the ground floor of a company building for future of energy
· The management and investors have built companies in cap value> $1 bn
· Your contribution will be highly visible, with career growth opportunities based on your skills, attitude and initiative
The Financial Reporting Analyst will report to the Controller. This position is Permanent Full-time.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting, internal
controls compliance and regulatory filings. This challenging position will best suit a self-starter
that is detail oriented but can step back to see the big picture.
Responsibilities & Activities
• Participate in preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated and legal entity financial statements, associated MD&A, Audit Committee materials and security filings
• Prepare financial reporting calculations, GL reconciliations, and journal entries supporting
month-end accounting and reporting
• Assist with consolidation process
• Research and analyze IFRS accounting issues including new accounting pronouncements
as they arise and ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with external auditors and participate in compliance for Financial Reporting ensuring key controls over financial reporting are appropriately documented and supported
Skills & Abilities
• CPA accounting designation is required with 1 to 3 years post qualification experience
• Relevant upstream oil and gas accounting in IFRS
• Public company audit experience is required
• Strong work ethic, detail oriented, willingness to learn. Ability to work in a team and independently
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability and flexibility to handle large volumes and adapt to demanding work environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.