Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Our client is a successful, expanding junior heavy oil, with an excellent asset base and strong financial position. They will exit this year 3000 bopd and have a rig fulltime in 2023
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Facilities Engineer will report to the Vice President, Production and Engineering, and will work directly with the field, accounting, engineering, G&G and management ensuring the optimization and growth of the company’s asset base.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the design, oversight, construction, and troubleshooting of the company’s heavy oil single well batteries, multi-well batteries, future gathering systems, oil terminal, and steam injection facilities. Must work effectively with the Field Staff, Production, Operations and Accounting teams to provide technical support to evaluate, quantify, and maintain cost effective operations.
• Provide Facility Engineering expertise to maximize corporate assets and reduce operating costs.
• Oversee design and installation of heavy oil Single Well and Multi-well batteries, oil terminals, gathering systems and steam injection facilities.
• Manage project activities, evaluating project feasibility, planning and scheduling, ensuring project designs/parameters are established and approved, preparing budgets and AFE estimates, ensuring consistency during all phases of project execution, monitoring results and project status, providing reporting and ensuring changes in project delivery expectations/timelines are communicated and accommodated.
• Coordinate day-to-day activities of third-party engineering and construction contractors by managing workload, providing guidance and direction, reviewing results/outputs, monitoring work quality and adherence to technical/professional principles, department policies, practices and procedures.
• Ensure all project management/facility design reports/ documentation are prepared, shared and filed, preparing audit packages and reviewing all documentation to ensure regulatory compliance and quality control.
• Manage Islander’s facility related HSE & Regulatory requirements, champion safe operating practices and management of change processes.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Indigenous communities, vendors, internal departments, field teams, regulators, competitors, and our community of stakeholders.
• Cultivate relationships in the field and office including time spent in the field.
• Pursue, evaluate, and drive out new technologies with a dedication towards continuous operational improvement, innovation, and cost savings.
• Coordinate government compliance to ensure that all obligations with government regulatory bodies are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
As a member of APEGA with 8-12 years of progressive facilities and operations experience, you’ve had the opportunities to develop a broad base technical and project management skills by working in a producer. Your strong interpersonal and communications skills will be required to manage several projects concurrently and help to form a catalyst for current and future growth. Experience with heavy oil is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.