Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Why Consider This Role?
· Working for an active producer with a positive track record.
· The company focuses on strategic, long-term objectives while creating value for shareholders. This is not a “build and flip” model.
· The company maintains high standards that will allow the candidate to broaden and develop their capabilities. Your next career move will be inside the company.
As the leader of the surface land team, you will report to the Vice President Land. The you will work directly with in-house/external stakeholders and management, ensuring the company’s asset base is maintained and developed to the highest standard.
· Lead by example, work in a hands-on capacity and delegate to staff.
· Maintain a positive work environment for team effectiveness.
· Support other departments in the company to ensure deadlines are met (seasonal, regulatory, etc.).
· Plan and lead negotiations and FN consultations on behalf of the company.
· Work with external services such as brokers and surveyors.
· Put the team in a place to provide backup or support to others in land and development.
· Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives and other duties as assigned.
· 10-15 years in surface land, including 5 years of proven leadership and in-house experience.
· Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in a Land-related discipline. PMP would be an asset.
· Excellent understanding of the Alberta Surface Right Act, IOGC, BCOGC and AER regulations for access and consultation.
· Extensive Crown and Freehold surface land consultation experience in Alberta and BC.
· Hold a valid Alberta Land Agent Licence.
· Proficient user of land management software, Geoscout, Abadata, AFE Navigator and Microsoft tools.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.