Search #952 HSE Advisor
Our client is a Calgary-based, privately held, long reserve life, natural gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. The E&P business produces 40-45,000 boe per day from predominantly operated wells, infrastructure, and facilities. Key priorities are running a safe and sustainable business, focusing our portfolio, improving productivity, generating value from our midstream assets, and investing for growth and value.
Why Consider This Role?
· This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing, entrepreneurial Canadian energy company, while remaining in the Calgary area.
· The work in a ‘live operation’ setting mandates strict adherence to HSE and ESG for staff and community at large.
· The company focuses on strategic, long term objectives while creating long-term value for shareholders. Our clients continue to build this company for the long-term.
· The company maintains high technical standards that will allow the candidate to broaden and develop their capabilities. Your next move will be inside the company.
As a member of HSE team the Advisor will report to the Vice President and will work directly with operations, production and management ensuring the safe optimization of the company’s asset base.
Activities and Responsibilities
The successful candidate be an integral part of a team to help determine the technical and strategic direction of the HSE component in the company while maximizing value from the candidate’s assigned assets. Knowledge of how value is added to the shareholder is a must. The candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership and initiative within the organization, be able to direct and effectively utilize staff and/or consultants, both in the Calgary, field and plant offices. Responsibilities include:
· Ensure that all workers (employees and contractors) conduct their operational activities in accordance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
· Advise, support and coach field operations in meeting regulatory and company HSE requirements.
· Conduct safety related training and information sessions for field teams.
· Support and sustain the use of the Operating Management System (OMS) and monitor effectiveness.
· Support HSE Planning and risk assessment activities.
· Provide HSE resources and support to operational leaders, attend safety meetings in the field and the office, lead discussions around concerns about safety performance.
· Provide monthly reports on safety performance and investigations.
· Assist in developing site-specific procedures and attend Hazop meetings within the assigned area
· Facilitate incident investigations, advise on the development of corrective actions, and share lessons learned prevent reoccurrence.
· Maintain an Occupational hygiene program and monitor its effectiveness.
· Support the emergency response plan and exercises.
· Plan and lead regular site inspections and audits on field sites to ensure that risk management activities are effective and assess the safety performance.
· Participate in internal / external audits as required.
· Provide backup support to other HSE Advisors as required
· Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives and other duties as assigned.
With 10-15 years in oil and gas, this strong intermediate level experience will have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety legislation. Experience in upstream oil and gas Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation or working towards the designation is required. As there is travel, a valid class 5 driver’s license required.
Excellent interpersonal and indirect leadership skills with employees, contractors and external service providers will show your ability to use these relationships to influence positive change. Significant degree of initiative, ability to work independently, high degree of integrity required. Experience in leading staff in incident response and investigation as well as producing related documentation and implementing resulting recommendations/resolutions. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines. Competent with MS Office products; solid operating knowledge of databases is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.