Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Our client is a Calgary-based, private fast paced, dynamic Oil and Gas company, with operations located in the south-eastern area of Alberta, producing more than 60,000 BOE/day with a diverse product portfolio consisting of a 60% gas and 40% oil production. They have grown through acquisition and drillbit, with plans to continue to expand.
Why Consider This Role?
· This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing, entrepreneurial Canadian energy company.
· They are a flat organizational structure so visibility throughout the organization is high. In addition, they have a flexible work plan. The majority of your work schedule can be done from home.
· The company maintains high standards that will appeal to those who enjoy broadening their scope of knowledge, whose participation has impact and remains focused on outcomes.
As a member of the finance team, you will report to the Manager of Corporate Accounting.
Activities and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for various accounting and reporting tasks with the ability to span integration of operational and financial accounting. We are seeking a highly analytical, detail oriented, and solution-based individual. Responsibilities include:
· Assist preparing quarterly and annual financial statements including note disclosure.
· Direct the documentation and implementation of accounting processes and internal controls.
· Both review and prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for accounts receivable, capital assets, accruals, deferred revenue, debt, etc.
· Complete advanced accounting calculations of some kind demonstrating a level of experience including financial instruments, tax provisions and DDA rate calculations.
· Generate efficiencies in workflows and mentor junior staff in new processes created.
· Work with multiple teams to ensure intercompany transactions are cleared quarterly.
· Analyze information/concepts at a high level as well as articulate the details.
· Research and provide recommendations for appropriate IFRS treatments of unique or complicated transactions as they arise.
· Assist with the coordination of the annual audit.
· Other adhoc related responsibilities and reporting projects.
· 8+ years of direct oil and gas accounting experience with an accounting designation.
· Exposure to reporting requirements and IFRS accounting research would be an asset.
· Ability to problem solve and provide recommendations.
· Thorough working knowledge of the GL and sub ledger accounts.
· Working knowledge of Qbyte systems; Financial Management (FM), Optix Reporting, CS Land, Execute AFE.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Microsoft Word.
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Strong interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with an attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.