Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Our client is a private Denver-based company investing in energy transition infrastructure. The
parent company has shown historically through $4 billion in the development of an investment
platform focused on identifying, integrating technical, commercial decarbonization
opportunities, and now across the Lower 48 States. Their growth will be initiated through
acquisitions, expansion of existing facilities and new builds. This business unit is focused on CCUS
through the development of world scale projects.
Why Consider This Role?
• They are well funded and building a “ground up” company out of Denver. The client is
not a “build and flip” investor, they are build and hold.
• Investments placed in the past 5 years demonstrate their financial strength and
management’s ability to close deals.
• This is a hands-on role as you seek out and work on energy transition opportunities. Your work
contributes to the corporate decision-making process.
• With a culture of success several times in the past, our client is building for the long-term.
Consequently, a high performer will have career upside.
• As a dynamic, growing and changing organization, nothing is cookie cutter. There is as much
grey area as black and white. Attitude, adaptability, initiative and work ethic are hallmarks of
the founders, and will benefit your career growth.
Reporting directly to the President, you will work closely with partners, finance and other
management ensuring the details of your work meet/exceed execution of the business plan and
Activities and Responsibilities
With a firm understanding of the carbon capture and sequestration industry supporting business
development opportunities including:
• Identify, evaluate, and execute upon growth opportunities that align with the strategic direction.
• Develop and nurture relationships with customers and stakeholders.
• Understand and track key trends in the CCUS and energy transition marketplace including
• Leverage knowledge of emitters priorities, Government policy, financial structuring, and technical
possibilities while tracking key industry & regulatory trends to develop and pitch infrastructure
opportunities to customers.
• Develop commercial and investment models for specific projects with a firm understanding of the
risk/reward balance across the value chain.
• Write investment materials for presentation internally and to the Board and Shareholder.
• Assist in the public and regulatory interactions associated with project development.
• Provide adhoc support for the organization’s initiatives and projects.
Qualifications and Experience
Following your undergrad or graduate degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or Sciences related to
the energy business, you’ll have 10-15 progressive industry experience.
• Strong economic modelling and analytical skills, coupled with excellent communication skills
(written, verbal and presentation). You are comfortable in engaging stakeholders at all levels.
Diplomacy with a focus on bringing multiple stakeholders together to overcome barriers and
advance infrastructure projects.
• Business development experience with a track record of identifying, assessing and input to
structuring and closing on opportunities.
• Ability to summarize and present complex ideas.
• Creativity and problem solving to be able to develop and execute on solutions in a developing,
• Strong commercial aptitude and understanding with a track record of identifying and successfully
pursuing new opportunities.
• Understanding of Government policy and regulatory landscape.
• Firm understanding of the carbon capture, utilization and sequestration sector.
• Familiarity with technical aspects of CCUS and other energy transition concepts.
A relocation package will not be provided
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.