Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
Based out of Iowa or Illinois, our Denver-based client is investing in energy transition infrastructure, most recently in the Midwest. The parent company has shown historically through $4 billion in the development of an investment platform focused on identifying, integrating technical, commercial decarbonization opportunities, and now across the Lower 48 States. Their growth will be initiated through acquisitions, expansion of existing facilities and new builds. This business unit is focused on CCUS through the development of world scale projects.
Why Consider This Role?
· They are well funded, building a “ground up” company out of Denver. The client is not a “build and flip” investor, they are build and hold.
· Investments placed in the past 5 years demonstrate their financial strength and management’s ability to close deals.
· This hands-on role reports at the highest level of the company, visible and impactful internally and externally. A high performer will have career upside.
· As a dynamic, growing organization, nothing is cookie cutter. Attitude, adaptability, initiative and work ethic are hallmarks of the founders, and will benefit your career growth.
Reporting directly to the President, you will work closely with partners, lawmakers, regulators and management ensuring the details of your work meet/exceed execution of the business plan.
Activities and Responsibilities
With strengths in supporting business development through identifying, establishing and maintaining key relationships, in Regulatory, Environment, Land, Communication and Stakeholder Relations, duties include:
• Leads and provides oversight for the development and implementation of a land management strategy, land acquisition negotiations, landowner compensation and related issues, document mgmt of all records.
• Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with local, state and federal government.
• Liaison with key external stakeholders directly to support Wolf objectives, including tribal and government leaders as well as landowners.
• Development and management of business unit communications strategy, including media communications strategy. Identification and participation in relevant industry associations.
• Preparation of communications deliverables (e.g. Press Releases, website content, etc.)
• Participation in Stakeholder events, including landowner, county and state townhall meetings.
• Coordinate with outside groups to develop and execute lobbying efforts.
• Develop a corporate crisis communications strategy.
• Establish Stakeholder Relations policies & procedures, as required to support business requirements
• Regulatory application preparation, submission and approval.
• Develop & implement specific strategies for regulatory approval & compliance, stakeholder relations and environmental aspects. Management and advancement of community engagement programs.
• With the support of relevant SME resources, develop and implement regulatory and environmental permitting strategies for a Midwest CCS Project.
• With the support of relevant SME resources develop and implement land consultation and acquisition strategies for a Midwest CCS Project.
• Ensure compliance of regulatory, environmental and land activities with local, state and federal regulations and legislation, including development, implementation and auditing of necessary mgmt systems.
• Responsible for development, tracking and management of budget.
Qualifications and Experience
Following your undergrad or graduate degree in a related Post-secondary education, you’ll have 10-15 years demonstrated and progressive leadership roles, including communications, stakeholder relations, regulatory, or related experience. This will be supported by:
· Proven collaboration skills and accomplishments with Project and Operational functions.
· External communications with all parties.
· High level of ethics and adherence to code of conduct performance standards.
· Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures in support of efficiency and effectiveness.
· Able to deliver results while balancing cost, schedule, reliability and risk.
· Strong communicator and good computer skills.
· Proven leadership skills.
· Exceptional organizational/administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple functions.
· Direct experience with development of large-scale pipeline systems would be an asset.
· Frequent business travel will be necessary for this role, which is based in Illinois or Iowa.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.