Johnstone Ritchie Executive Search
· They are academics, scientists, engineers, and finance professionals located throughout Canada & globally who are passionate about their work and looking for like-minded individuals to join.
· Unique to the team is the range of experience they pull from, including climate sciences, sustainable commodities, greenhouse gas mitigation, sustainability and environmental/social/governance and conflict issues.
· The work has led to collaboration with a wide variety of interesting groups not just in Canada but in all parts of the world.
· This is a great opportunity in personal & professional growth in the organization, & a global industry.
The client seeks motivated individuals with 3-5 years of related professional experience and 10-20 years of practical experience, to lead a growing team responsible for developing nature-based carbon offset developers, globally. The ideal candidate will have an interest in leading a team, developing new projects, significant and diverse experience with the technical and social issues associated with the impacts of climate change on the built environment, natural systems and business. As part of our team, you will:
· Identify and develop new opportunities, create or review effective feasibility projects.
· Provide senior level technical support on projects including protocol selection, interaction registries and management of all aspects of project validation and verification to the highest international standards.
· Develop recommendations on risk mitigation and future climate adaptation measures, including adjustments for designs or operations.
· Lead meetings and presentations with various stakeholders.
· Contribute to growing new nature-based carbon solutions annually.
· Collaborate with clients and expand client relationships that generate repeat business and with other teams from multiple offices around the global organization.
Qualifications and Experience
Our client is looking for an experienced professional with the following capabilities:
· Demonstrated experience in the development & management of forest and other land-use carbon offset projects and/or also focused on developing projects and protocols for both the blue carbon and grasslands sectors.
· Proven track record in project execution, liaison with technical experts, familiarity with MRV technology platforms.
· Deep understanding of the requirements of protocols for project development.
· Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation & “people” skills.
· Collaborative and driven by the collective success of the team.
· Willingness for periodic travel internationally.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.