POSITION SUMMARY Strike is looking for B-Pressure Rig Welder Journeyman with relevant experience in oil & gas construction/facility maintenance. Typical welds include joining components such as beams, girders, vessels, and piping, and all jobs are completed as per welding procedure specifications, weld maps and work packages. Our welders take pride in their trade and see that Strike’s high standards of safety and quality are always met. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position with a “Daily Live Out Allowance” (LOA) provided
- Work site located Hidden LakeAlberta located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield, Red Deer, Edmonton, & Grande Prairie and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance will be paid once per shift.
- Work with non-destructive Testing Inspector
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and retrofits
- Welding of pipe spools with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and Production while working in accordance to client specifications and Strike’s weld procedures
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- B-Pressure ticket and CWB certification
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- CSTS 09/2020, Bear or Wildlife Awareness
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.