Trican Well Service Ltd.
TRICAN is Canada’s largest well service company built upon a foundation of solid corporate values and a culture of innovation. At Trican, we believe success begins with our people, as our name and reputation are reflected in the excellence demonstrated by our employees.
If you are a motivated, service-oriented team player with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, we invite you to explore this opportunity at Trican.
JOURNEYMAN HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC – GRANDE PRAIRIE (GPC)
The Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical workings of all vehicles.
- Ensure that Trican’s core value, “We won’t put anyone in harm’s way” is the priority in all activities
- Read diagrams/schematics for work procedures
- Operate a hoist and lift device to position machinery in a safe manner
- Inspect and examine vehicles and equipment
- Service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and perform other routine maintenance work
- Keep up to date with industry standards and regulations
- Provides guidance and instruction to less experienced operators, or apprentice maintenance personnel
Experience & Skills:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification is required
- CVIP is considered an asset
- Valid Class 1 license preferred; will consider Class 3 or 5
- Heavy Equipment Technician will be an asset
- Safe driving skills; driver’s abstract will be requested
- Physically fit – heavy lifting required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What Makes Us Attractive:
- Values-driven organization
- Employee’s choice for full coverage or flexible benefits plan
- RRSP Matching Program which runs during Q1, Q3, and Q4 each calendar year
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Annual hockey tournament open to all Trican employees and their friends/family (temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
- Community involvement through sponsorship of local events
- Inclusive Social Club offering a variety of activities
- Demonstrated commitment to an equitable and inclusive workforce driven by our Diversity & Inclusion Philosophy and our Indigenous Peoples Policy
- Focus on safety, training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
- 8 days on/6 days off
- Must live near base of employment
- Pre-employment medical testing required
- Effective October 15, 2021, all Trican employees are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status or a negative COVID test before the start of their shift for field staff, or once per week for office staff
- Working in all weather conditions
How To Apply:
- Website: www.TricanWellService.com
To apply for this job please visit tricanwellservice.startdate.ca.