Our pipefitters possess the full range of knowledge required to lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for oil, steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.Candidates must be willing to travel to various project sites for this position.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Local position
- no LOA / camp provided
- Overtime may be required
- Read, interpret and red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&ID’s, etc.)
- Assemble piping and valves in module and compressor package
- Mentor and provide guidance for junior staff
- Hydrotest, assemble and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe to required shape
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Formal training and experience working on oil and gas construction projects
- H2S Alive, CSTS, and Standard First Aid
- Fall Protection certification
- Ground Disturbance Certification
- OSSA Ticket (preferred) but not required
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
Capable of working with small tools
Capable of working as part of a team
Fluent in speaking and reading English
Must be able to follow directions
Fall protection, gas monitor training, confined space, AWP trading tickets considered an asset
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.