POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Journeyman pipefitter’s possess the full range of knowledge required to lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for oil, steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- 21 and 7 shift
- 12 hour days
- Fly in to NWT from Fort Saskatchewan
- Start August 17
- 2 month project possibly longer.
- Read, interpret and red-line construction drawings and blueprints (Isometrics, P&ID’s, acorn drawings etc.)
- Install piping spools, equipment and valves in modules
- Mentor and provide guidance for apprentices
- Hydrotest, assemble and install pipe spools in the fabrication facility and in modules
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe from acorn drawings
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Minimum 2 years of formal training and experience in oil and gas industrial projects
- H2S, Ground Disturbance, CSTS
- Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
- Strike orientation provided
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Knowledge of one ton picker trucks is an asset
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.