Vertex is currently accepting applications for one Temporary, Project-based Journeyman Structural Welder in Blackfoot, Alberta. The successful candidate must have proven knowledge and experience as Journeyman structural welder in industrial buildings. Preference is given to the applicant residing in Lloydminster, AB.
- Certified Journeyman with CWB FCAW (All Positions) Tickets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, cut lists, weld symbols and welding process specifications for structural steel assembly
- Experience with Plasma cutting, Iron Worker, and Scissor style band saw would be an asset
- Ability to use tools and equipment safely and abide by the health and safety rules
- Valid Standard First Aid, Fall Protection, WHMIS, CSO and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS), and Overhead Crane ticket would be an asset
- Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment and carry out work safety procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team or independently
- Excellent communication, attitude, collaborative skills and ability to follow directions
- Ability to manage a high volume and fast paced workload
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Read, interpret and follow all weld procedures and process in accordance with vertex and client specifications
- Assembles and fits metal section and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting or other methods
- Layout reference points and patterns according to component specifications
- Complete all welding work schedules on time; coordinate all welding documentation and assist with required QA/QC documentation
- Conducts housekeeping and general clean up
- Other duties as required by manager
- This position will be based out of Blackfoot, AB.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Safe Work Environment
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.