JSG Professional Services ULC
A Pipeline Safety Advisor shall be appointed to each construction spread and will also cover any facilities encompassed along the route as the HSE representative. This position will be accountable, and report directly, to the Construction Manager, and will maintain daily contact with the Chief Inspector and the Activity Inspectors and Specialists.
It is the Construction Contractor’s responsibility to ensure that all of its Construction Personnel on-site conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plans, Manuals and Guidelines and in accordance with Federal and Provincial Safety and Health Regulations. It is the Safety Advisor’s responsibility to monitor compliance with these conditions.
It is the Safety Advisor’s responsibility to ensure that all persons on site either present or working, conduct themselves (or direct that work be carried out) in a safe manner and in conformance with the applicable Safety and Health Regulations.
Pre-Construction Input & Preparation
• Provide input to the Project Safety Program and Site Orientation documents
• Participate in the pre-construction training and orientation of project field personnel
• Plan and organize contractor safety reporting and performance tracking
Monitoring of Contractor Performance During Construction
• Perform continuous inspections of the jobsite and initiate necessary action to correct unsafe conditions and employee practices
• Establish a fire prevention program and control procedures
• Ensure the Construction Contractor establishes an Emergency Response Plan
• Conduct safety training meetings as directed by the Chief Inspector
• Instruct and train, or assist as requested, the contractors own safety officer in instructing and training construction supervisors to hold tool box safety meeting and the proper action to be taken in case of accidents or other emergencies
• Issue of safety bulletins on various subjects, as job conditions dictate
• Arrange for placement of warning signs, where required
o Ensure that overhead power lines are identified in accordance with the Project Health & Safety Construction
Management Plans and the Construction Contractor’s Safety Manual
• Take charge, with the Chief Inspector, at the scene of an accident.
o See that injured persons are given proper treatment and handling
o Initiate procedures to avoid recurrence of similar incidents
o Assist, as required, in the investigation of medical aids, serious injuries or fatalities
• Participate in accident investigations and initiate procedures to avoid a recurrence of similar incidents
• Maintain accident records and safety statistics.
Maintain safety field files as well as liaise and maintain communications regarding:
o Audits and Inspections
o Weekly and Monthly Statistical reports
o Noteworthy information to JSG Professional Services ULC Safety Coordinator
• Maintain a record of those on-site personnel qualified to administer first aid (Construction Contractor, JSG Professional Services ULC and Owner personnel)
• Assist the Chief Inspector in all matters of safety
• Accompany and assist any Federal, Provincial and local safety authority representatives on jobsite inspections;
• Promote and develop on overall construction safety program and instill an awareness of the program and safety conscientiousness amongst all employees
• Supervise First Aid facilities and coordinate the efforts of those on site personnel qualified to administer First Aid
• Conform to the safety procedures
• Provide feedback to Project Management on safety performance levels, attained by contractors and Field Staff.
• Promote the overall construction safety program and provoke and awareness of the program and safety consciousness amongst all employees
• Complete a daily report
Post-Construction Project Resolution and Close-out
• Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final safety reports
• Participate in an end of project review with engineering, procurement and operations to ensure future projects are executed smoothly, and provide recommendations for improvement on an ongoing basis
• Provide input to post construction evaluation and lessons learned document
• Compile a Project Completion report
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsginc.com.