POSITION SUMMARY Strike is hiring a Junior Electrical Estimator to join our team in Fort Saskatchewan. LOCATION
- Candidates must be local to the Edmonton area
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required content of the estimate.
- Provides input regarding estimating strategies including profitability, risk management, execution strategy, and costs.
- Consults with other departments to ensure labour, equipment and materials reflect current pricing, construction costs and timelines.
- Attends site visits as required.
- Prepares and presents estimate plans, estimate schedules, man-hour budgets and fulfills all required deliverables to provide an exceptional overall bid proposal
- A Journeyperson Electrician with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, or an electrical estimator with at least 1 year of previous electrical estimating experience.
- Industrial field experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience interpreting drawing packages.
- Electrical estimating experience is an asset.
- Instrumentation knowledge is an asset.
- Experience working with Accubid estimating software is an asset.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Blubeam software experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Exceptional time-management skills. Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly. Thrives in a busy, deadline-oriented environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Good problem solver and critical thinker
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and be resourceful.
- Able to work in a team environment or independently.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work.
Why work for Strike? Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.