Vertex Resources Services Inc. is currently accepting applications for an Environmental Field Technician in Carlsbad, New Mexico. This is a shift work position, and the candidate does not need to be located in Carlsbad, NM (see Location & Shift Information). The successful candidate will bring an understanding with basic practical experience with fieldwork, report writing, client relationships, and project coordination. The Junior Environmental Field Technician will assist our environmental team in conducting environmental projects primarily within the oil and gas industry across North America.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, agricultural, rangelands, natural resources, or closely related field. Agricultural and/or range science a strong asset.
- Two years’ experience in environmental fieldwork in leu of degree
- Understanding of the environmental consulting industry
- Knowledge of upstream oil and gas, and infrastructure industries required
- Understanding of technical and/or field experience preparing environmental documentation
- Experience working in field and office environments an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental and energy sector regulations, standards, and codes
- Strong environmental writing and communication skills
- Proficient MS Office experience (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing and able to travel
- Provide technical field support on environmental projects within the oil and gas industry of the United States. Project types include but are not limited to:
- Spill Response
- Environmental Planning & Permitting
- Environmental Monitoring & Inspection
- Environmental Assessments (Phase I, II and Remediation)
- Water Well & Groundwater assessments
- Regulatory submissions
- Drilling Services (Drilling Waste & Well Abandonment)
- Air Services
- Responsible for client communication, on project deliverables and scope development
- Responsible to work with the business development team to deliver on client projects, develop areas for new business and recruit personnel
- Responsible for project coordination, cost control and project scoping to ensure effectively versatile solutions are developed to meet client’s regulatory needs and budgets
- Responsible for both field and office execution of environmental projects with an emphasis on field work
- Perform other duties as needed
The work is based out of the Vertex office in Carlsbad, NM., however, you do not need to be located in Carlsbad, NM.
- This position consists of a 2 week on and 2 weeks off shift schedule
- Accommodations will be provided while on shift
- Travel to and from shift will be your responsibility
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement savings plans (401k)
- Excellent company culture
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.