Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full time permanent Junior Environmental Scientist in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of site assessments (Phase 1 and 2 ESAs), groundwater monitoring and remediation. The successful candidates will also possess a keen eye for detail and organization, demonstrate strong technical writing skills, and be a critical thinker. This position reports directly to a Project Manager and is 70:30 (office: field based). CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
• Diploma or higher post-secondary in Environmental Sciences or related disciplines
• Minimum 2 years related experience
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of remote area navigation; experience using maps, compass, GPS and aerial photos for navigation in the field is advantageous
• Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
• Demonstrated communication and decision-making skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to work in the office and field for extended periods of time (when required)
• Current up to date safety tickets (H2S Alive, Ground, First Aid, Ground Disturbance) an asset. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare various environmental reports
• Analyzing data following standard methods
• Collection and documentation of field data; along with field personnel data
• Keep up to date on industry guidelines
• Create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts
• Site visits to conduct file review and/or to complete site assessments may be required LOCATION
This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta. This position is more office based than field based. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience APPLY NOW
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.