Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Junior Environmental Scientists (Reclamation & Remediation) in Lloydminster, Alberta. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting on upstream oil and gas and industrial projects in accordance with Vertex guidelines and project scopes. This role will focus on reclamation & remediation projects including, initial assessment of sites for potential impacts, conducting assessment work, completing groundwater monitoring programs for regulated sites in Alberta and Saskatchewan, reclamation site inspections, detailed site assessments, and providing technical support to intermediate and senior field staff. This individual will play a critical role in assisting with the execution of all aspects of the project while delivering a cost-effective approach that exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Diploma or higher post-secondary education in Reclamation, Soil Science, Environmental Science, Biological Science, Natural Resource Management or other applicable field
- 1 – 3 years’ experience; experience with detailed site assessments (DSA’s), groundwater sampling, supporting Phase 2 assessments, and reclamation monitoring required.
- Registered or ability to register with a relevant professional organization preferred.
- Understanding of remote area navigation; experience using maps, compass, GPS and aerial photos for navigation in the field is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian soils, vegetation and reclamation practices
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Attention to detail and experience preparing well-designed, error-free documents.
- Willingness to work in the field for extended periods of time (when required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Field work is a requirement, approximately 85% or more of time will be allocated to the field.
- Conduct DSA’s on wellsites and associated facilities.
- Prepare various environmental reports
- Keep up to date on industry guidelines and regulatory requirements as it relates to reclamation and revegetation for various provinces in Canada.
- Create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts.
- Compile, manage and analyze data that is collected by field personnel.
- This position will be based out of our Lloydminster – Blackfoot office
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
- RRSP Plan
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.