POSITION SUMMARY The Junior Help Desk Analyst is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests, communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly manner, conducting end-user training when necessary, tracking all help requests, and escalating incidents when appropriate. The Junior Help Desk Analyst reports to the Manager, IT. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES Operational Support
- Build rapport with service desk customers by always being professional, courteous, and friendly in communications.
- Provide first contact end-user support and problem resolution through multiple communication methods, including phone, email, Teams, GoToAssist, etc.
- Manage network and systems access for new, departing, or promoted employees.
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password resets, application installs, computer/printer hardware and software issues, delivery of hardware and peripherals, internet connectivity, configuration, etc.
- Diagnose and resolve common network issues.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Collaborate in achieving the timely return of unused equipment.
- On rare occasion, travel to branch offices and provide onsite technical support, as required.
- Assist IT team members with other tasks, as required.
Strategy & Planning
- Prioritize and act upon support tickets according to urgency.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to prevent recurring issues.
- Identify & alert IT team about emerging incident trends and anticipate maintenance and repairs.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Manage inventory of all computer hardware and software.
- Strive for continual self-improvement.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, or equivalent.
- No more than 0-2 years of related experience.
- Willing to work a minimum 37.5 hours per week, plus out-of-hours support.
- Interested in learning and expanding IT skills as part of daily work.
- Strong customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and desktop operating systems.
- Trained in problem diagnosis relating to hardware, software and networking issues.
- Exceptional analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, combined with a keen desire to learn.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and record-keeping skills, with deep attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, constantly looking for ways to learn and grow.
- Deeply focused on customer service.
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.