The Junior Detail Planner – Steel Cutting is responsible for developing detailed plans, schedules and work packages for Production trades. The role requires the development, scheduling and budgeting of work packages that integrate material and labour resources in support of program milestones and financial goals.
- Utilizes build strategy output (block breakdown, erection sequence, zone definition, and block, grand block and test strategies) to develop detailed production and testing work packages for all production trades.
- Implementation of vessel work breakdown structure in accordance with defined build strategy to establish cost accounts.
- Develops production work packages that include production information, material lists and work instructions required for production execution.
- Coordinates trade input into work instructions and work packages to reflect preferred production methods and processes.
- Schedules production work packages within windows defined by the Program Office (milestone, key event and zone schedules) to ensure Production and Program are aligned and in sync.
- Budgets production work packages based on contract estimates and historical trade performance to create baselines for production work.
- Develops, schedules and budgets warehousing work packages with dates for kitting release to the warehouse and for delivery to production.
- Input of work package schedules and budgets into VSY’s MRP system to support the collection of data for the cost accounts.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.