Vertex is currently accepting applications for full time permanent Junior Reporting Coordinator in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate must be a critical thinker with strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail. Experience in VBA programming and EQuIS is an integral component of this role
- Diploma or higher in Environmental Science, Biological Science, Natural Resource Management, Technical Writing or other applicable field
- Minimum one (1) year industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Strong command of the English language including, but not limited, to excellent writing, grammar, and spelling
- Demonstrated self-motivation, communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and experience preparing well-designed, error-free documents
- Working Knowledge of EQuIS database software, including:
- Transcribe and prepare data for entry
- Review data for deficiencies
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and VBA programming
- Implement VBA scripts for analytical table generation and formatting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Adobe Acrobat; creation of fillable PDF forms would be an asset.
- Previous experience in the consulting, oil and gas or environment industries is an asset
- Previous experience with gINT geoenvironmental software is an asset.
- Prepare various environmental reports
- Keep up to date on industry guidelines
- Create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts
- Compile, manage and analyze data that is collected by field personnel using EQuIS and other database programs
This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- The position is intended to be an office position, however, due to current COVID restrictions the position will be a remote role with opportunities for working hours in an office setting in concordance with regional COVID restrictions
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.