Kelt Exploration Ltd.
This is a full-time position based out of Kelt Exploration Ltd.’s main office in Calgary, Alberta. This position requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience and will report to the VP Production. This position will work closely with multiple business units, including Exploitation, Completions, and Facilities to identify, evaluate and execute on optimization opportunities, both surface and downhole. Must have the ability to comprehensively review Company’s assets, Production Optimization, Infrastructure & Facility Optimization, Budgeting, Cost Estimates and OPEX/CAPEX improvement.
• Manage the joint-venture properties including the evaluation of mail ballot proposals and obtaining management of AFE’s.
• Provide lead support to members of the Joint Venture team.
• Accountability for creating and maximizing Joint Venture revenue opportunities.
• Negotiate Unit, CO&O and other Joint Venture related agreements.
• Negotiate and establish third party and partner business terms for facilities including fee determination.
• Ensure companies’ Joint Venture agreements conform to current industry standards and incorporate legal, accounting, and technical requirements to ensure that the interests of the company are protected.
• Establish and develop Joint Venture options in support of all Production/ Operations development plans.
• Review and interpret existing contracts and provide advice as required.
• Actively resolve disputes with partners related to Joint Venture agreements.
• Review Management of Change (MOC) requests from operations and ensure the MOC satisfies engineering design and meets all applicable government and regulatory codes.
• Create annual operating budgets and production forecasts for all operated and jointly owned company properties.
• Accountability for the annual Operating Forecasts with both Engineering and Operations’ groups
• Assist with determining annual equalizations and 13-month adjustments for all jointly owned company properties.
• Work with and aid Production Accountants in managing properties and product allocations.
• Evaluate production improvement opportunities and efficiencies on wells and facilities and recommend workovers to ensure optimal downhole design for extended run life.
• Evaluate all well and property financials, economics, cost estimates’, AFE’s, etc.
• Provide engineering technical support for the design, procurement, construction, and modifications for production facilities.
• Experience should include understanding of piping and instrument diagrams cause, and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
• Assist with the completion of various projects deliverables (DBM’s, cost estimates, project engineered drawings, equipment sizing, specifications and datasheets, wells, plant and pipeline systems optimization).
• Evaluate and monitor plant product recoveries, shrinks and efficiencies for optimizing financial returns.
• Communicate with field operations on a regular basis to provide operational support and engineering assistance as required.
EDUCATION AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’ degree in engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering. Petroleum Technologist will be considered.
• Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, the majority of experience in production, exploitation engineering and joint venture operations.
• Experienced with geoScout, Excel and other business analytic tools.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.