Komat Drilling Ltd. & Ryker Oilfield Hauling Ltd. are seeking a full-time Accountant to join our growing corporate team in Calgary, Alberta.
Komat Drilling is pre-setting drilling company that has been in business for 17 years. Komat has field offices in Medicine Hat, Wainwright, and Kindersley with operations across the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. The company is experiencing a growth phase as it continues to offer more turnkey services and expanding geographic service area.
Ryker Oilfield Hauling is a rig moving and heavy haul operator with field offices in Wainwright and Kindersley. Ryker services operators in western Saskatchewan and eastern Alberta.
This position reports directly to the Controller and Director of Finance. The Accountant is responsible for compiling and processing payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. The Accountant will also assist with monthly filings. The ideal candidate has experience in accounting data entry.
Summary of Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
· processing bi-weekly salary and hourly payroll in accordance with legislation and existing internal policies
· processing of accounts receivable including billing, deposits, and collections
· processing of accounts payable including external invoicing, review of statements, cheque runs, and electronic fund payments
· reconciling field reports and data for financial and quantitative reporting requirements
· managing & reconciliations of bank accounts and corporate credit cards
· assisting with preparation of monthly and adjusting journal entries
· assisting with compilation of financial data for monthly financial reporting
· Support on ad hoc requests and requirements from other divisions//companies as needed
· one or more years of full cycle experience in a similar role with accounting data entry the primary goal
· degree or diploma in accounting or commerce
· ability to multi-task in an environment where priorities can change rapidly
· detail-oriented and accurate
· strong communication skills
· excellent computer literacy with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
· experience with Sage 50 or Simply Accounting an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a one-page resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line by August 15, 2021. We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.