The primary duties of the Floorhand are to assist the Driller on the rig floor, while tripping and making connections. Additionally, the Floorhand is responsible for the general labour and maintenance as directed by supervisory personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in setting up and taking down of the drilling rig and equipment
- Handle, sort and move drill tools, pipe, cement and other materials
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Inspect and service drawworks and wire line unit
- Manipulate the sections of pipe or drill stem at the rig floor during drilling
- Remove and replace the strings of pipe or drill stem and/or drill bit
- Drive a crew truck to transport materials and equipment
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment
- Assist all other crew members as required, such as the Derrickhand with mixing mud and chemicals, Driller with cleaning and painting, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous Floorhand work experience on a drilling rig is an asset
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work as part of a team and follow directions
- Must hold all regulatory safety certificates as required
- Hours of operation are 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Shift duration is typically 12 hours in length (Day Shift 07:00-19:00; Night shift 19:00-07:00)
- Hours of work are subject to change and do not include travel to location
- Work rotations are variable and subject to change
- Work location is typically remote and subject to frequent change
- Work is performed outdoors under a variety of weather conditions
- Work is physically demanding
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.