POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Labourers assist skilled trade persons and perform labour activities at our various construction and project sites. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position with a “Daily Live Out Allowance” (LOA) provided
- Work site located Hidden Lake Alberta located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance will be paid once per shift.
- Assist with installation, testing and rigging of spools and materials
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices
- Clean construction work areas and fuel equipment where needed.
- Work with equipment operators and civil crew to complete grade and excavation work
- Assist pipefitters and civil groups with their work
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in safely moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Participate in pre-job toolbox meetings to identify potential hazards and measures to eliminate or minimize them
- Correct unsafe acts and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the immediate supervisor
- Return tools (clean) back to the proper area after the job is complete or at the end of the shift
- Ensure the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment while performing tasks
- Grade 12 or GED
- Standard First Aid, Ground Disturbance Level 2, fall protection, manlift training and confined space considered an asset
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous pipeline or facility specific construction experience is an asset
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Capable of working with small tools
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.