LEAD OPERATOR, GORDONDALE
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Superintendent, this position will lead the Operations team to ensure daily activities at the Facility are executed efficiently and effectively to industry best practices. The incumbent will have a full working knowledge of equipment, gas operations, maintenance and monitoring facilities under their control. The Lead Operator is fully familiar with all aspects of gas plant operations, procedures for safety, troubleshooting, production logging, start-up, shut-down and equipment maintenance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervise daily activities to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Gordondale facility
- Lead the Operations team to prioritize and complete operational duties, trouble shoot plant issues
- Daily work planning including (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Completion of Maximo work orders; work with Maintenance Team Lead to plan, prioritize and coordinate maintenance activities
- Completion all site documentation requirements
- Shift changeover communication & documentation
- Coordinate with Operations Supervisor to develop site specific procedures (SSP). Complete ongoing review of SSPs for continuous improvement
- Coordination with Field and Office personnel as required to execute critical management system processes including (but not limited to) the following:
- Management of Change
- Non-Conformance Reports
- Hazard Identification
- Incident Investigation
- Safe Work Permits
- Ground Disturbance
- Participate in special projects like turnaround planning, commissioning of new equipment, and HAZOP reviews
- Lead development of Operations staff. Mentoring and training of new employees and provide review and sign-off of Progression Plan tasks
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various process and projects as assigned by Manager
- Provide ‘on call’ coverage for emergencies and upsets. Act as key member of Emergency Response Team
- Required to assume Chief Power Engineer duties when Operations Supervisor is not at site
- Other duties as required
What you must have:
- 10 – 20 years of experience working in facility/pipeline operations
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering certificate, preference given to candidates with 3rd class ticket
- Gas plant and deep cut facility experience would be considered an asset
- Supervisory and leadership experience is a benefit
- Good communication skills
- No restrictions on driving
- No lifting or mobility restrictions
Where you’ll be working:
The Gordondale Gas Plant is the only facility in the area to offer high efficiency recovery of natural gas liquids (NGLs), also known as deep cut capability. The Plant also has peaking power plant generators which serve as emergency back-up generation for the plant as well as generate electricity and supply power to the grid when demand is high or supply is low. It is located in the Gordondale area of the Montney reserve area approximately 100 kilometers northwest of Grande Prairie, Alberta. To learn more visit the Gordondale Gas Plant.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.