Requisition Id: 24280
Department: Prince Rupert Terminal District
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Prince Rupert terminal is recruiting for a Lead Operator to join the team. This position reports to the Operations Supervisor in the Natural Gas Liquids business unit (NBU), part of Pembina’s facilities division. The Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit is involved in the fractionation, terminaling, and storage of our specification products throughout North America. The Lead Operator is will be a seasoned professional in all areas of the plant and equipment and will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and compliant operation and optimization of the facility. This includes compressors, storage, pipelines, and other site equipment/systems. The successful candidate also demonstrates leadership and a desire to mentor others, a willingness to listen to others and co-ordinate efforts to ensure Pembina operations and maintenance are reliable and utilize best practices. The Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in operating the facility in a safe, efficient, compliant, and reliable manner. And, operate the DCS board to maintain the facilities flows, and loading/offloading demands;
- Understand and comply with all Pembina and government reporting requirements, including Incidents, Near Misses, Hazard Identification, environmental spills/releases or regulatory compliance issues;
- Communicate critical operating information in an effective manner to outside operators & report process deviations or operational concerns immediately with your direct supervisor;
- Optimize plant operation, and maximize availability at all times, through advanced control utilization and tracking process trends, ensuring product meets specifications;
- Document all pertinent operational data, shift activities, actions, and events in an appropriate format;
- Complete operations training and review and stay up to date on Pembina Learning System (PLS) assignments, and keep all operations based PLS modules up to date;
- Operate, troubleshoot, and increase understanding of multiple facility systems, including storage, pipelines, rail offloading and ship loading as well as pumps and utility equipment;
- Understand operational parameters like pressure, temperature, density, and product specifications and how they affect process;
- Assist with ship loading process, rail offloading process, communication focal point for shipping agents for ship loading and arrival needs;
- Maintain continuity between shifts through proper shift change;
- Assist in procedure updates and implement them on a continuous basis;
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership and compliance with Pembina’s Life Saving Rules and model these behaviors to others;
- Demonstrate a commitment to Pembina’s safety culture of Zero By Choice as well as an
- understanding and compliance with all applicable Safety Management Systems (SMS) and Policies and Standards (Safety, Security, Environmental and Regulatory);
- Demonstrate an understanding of the site Emergency Response Plan and your role in ICS if required;
- Actively support and participate in SSER initiatives, including safety meetings, Incident, Hazard Identification and Near Miss reporting as well as Incident Investigations and/or reviews and Positive Safety Recognition;
- Participate in the Management of Change process as required;
- Ensure Car Seal checklists and operations logs are kept up to date per the TSSA requirements;
- Initiate critical bypass protocol as required and ensure notifications are made and proper risk assessment is completed and documented;
- Complete LOTO board and Car Seal Log documentation as required; and
- Foster a team environment that values inclusion and diversity.
- 5+ years of progressively related experience in a plant operations environment;
- Operational training, GPO or equivalent certificate or rail and shipping experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of current liquid and gas measurement procedures;
- Strong working knowledge of DCS;
- Exhibit strong safety behaviors and carry responsibility for stopping any unsafe work onsite;
- Remain calm and make sound decisions under pressure;
- Respect others in all interactions, display a positive attitude;
- Display pride in ownership and a high level of quality in your work;
- Remain open to the ideas of others and be willing to try new approaches and table your ideas freely;
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Encourage teamwork and cooperation among all team members and work diligently when working alone;
- Exhibit attentiveness, operational awareness and be actively engaged in the plant process throughout the shift to stay ahead of any potential issues;
- Exercise sound judgement in the selection of work methods and discuss issues with senior operations staff as required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership abilities and strong team building skills;
- Self-starter who possesses a strong work ethic with a self-imposed desire to exceed everyday expectations; and
- Valid Driver’s License.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.