LEAD TECH, ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION – JOFFRE ETHANE EXTRACTION PLANT (JEEP)
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated individual to join our team at the Joffre Ethane Extraction Plant (JEEP), reporting to Operations Superintendent. This position is responsible for providing direction and support in coordinating maintenance activities at the Joffre Ethane Extraction Plant & when required will also provide support to the maintenance activities at the Edmonton Ethane Extraction Plan.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance repair to all Pneumatic and Electrical Field Instrumentation for safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation.
- Complete calibration and repair to all Custody Transfer Meters and associated equipment according to manufactures’ specifications / industry best practice.
- Conduct Distributed Control System (DCS) & Programable Logic Controller (PLC) Maintenance, Programing and system administration.
- Plan, Schedule and execute site maintenance activities working closely with the facility operations group (Including facility turnaround planning)
- Schedule & Supervise third party maintenance service providers to ensure costs are tracked and controlled.
- Utilizing the system to schedule, plan and track maintenance activities.
- Provide support to the procurement group regarding purchasing of maintenance parts and equipment.
- Maintains compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, Company policies, safety and environmental standards.
- Manage a critical parts inventory to minimize downtime of facility equipment.
- Facilitate ongoing Technical liaison with management and staff from various departments including Engineering, and Operations;
- Responsible for maintenance budget development & planning
- Facilitate Project management when required.
- Create / Update maintenance procedures
- Other duties deemed necessary for the safe and effective operation of JEEP
What you must have:
- Experience in a scheduling and/or planning role.
- Journeyman Trade Certificate (Electrician Instrumentation) Dual ticket would be an asset or working towards a dual ticket
- Minimum five years’ experience in an industrial setting. (Gas plant-based experience)
- Deep-cut or extraction facility experience knowledge would be considered an asset
- H2S Alive, First Aid, CPR, Confined Space Entry certifications
- Computer knowledge would be considered an asset
- Project Management
- Turnaround planning and execution
- Distributed Control System (DCS) & Programable Logic Controller ( PLC) experience
Where you’ll be working:
The Joffre Ethane Extraction Plant (JEEP) is 100 percent owned and operated by AltaGas. Located in Joffre, Alberta, JEEP has the processing capacity of 250 Mmcf/d of natural gas and is capable of producing up to 10,400 Bbls/d of ethane and natural gas liquids. The JEEP facility’s strategic location provides the opportunity for valuable liquids to be processed for commercial and industrial users as well as to end-use markets in the city of Edmonton. To learn more visit the Joffre Ethane Extraction Plant.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.