Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Lead – Urban Development and Infrastructure in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are looking for a person with a Technical Science background who enjoys building relationships with clients or a person with a Business background who enjoys learning the technical side of property developments. The successful candidate will be a driven individual with a strong network of contacts within the Land Development and Commercial Real Estate sectors. A technical background is considered an asset, but not a necessary requirement for the position.
- Build relationships with Developers, Municipalities and Construction Companies
- Develop a sales strategy to maximize exposure to Urban Development and Infrastructure (UDI) sector
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the UDI market as it relates to Vertex’s services
- Identify opportunities to expand our service offering based on client and market needs
- Expand Vertex exposure to UDI bids and identify relevant bid opportunities
- Strategize with Technical team to develop bid responses and quotes
- Collaborate with and support Regional Leaders to support UDI sector growth at Vertex locations
- Ensure lessons learned from completed projects/proposals are carried forward to new opportunities
- Development and execution of UDI specific marketing strategy
- Provide presentations to educate potential clients and increase exposure
- Identify and attend key networking events to grow Vertex presence
- Identification and active participation in relevant industry associations (BILD etc.)
- Develop and manage project-specific budgets in alignment with each project’s unique scope and strategy.
- Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate all assigned project activities, including mobilization, demobilization, manpower requirements, scheduling of equipment, materials and facilities to ensure work is executed efficiently and effectively.
- Implement and promote Vertex’s and our client’s safety programs.
- Conduct regular site visits and review meetings.
Process & Talent Improvement
- Seek out talent to supplement commercial operations throughout Canada
- Communicate industry information and trends to the technical team in support of continuous improvement
- Strong network of contacts within Land Development or Real Estate Industry
- Diploma or University Degree in Science, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop rapport with clients and stakeholders, excellent communication and technical reporting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- This position will be based out of Vancouver, British Columbia, and is open to those in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) as well.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.