Learning Design Consultant
Reference Code: 90281
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Administration; Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/28/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Technical Center Learning & Development team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are seeking a talented Learning Consultant in Calgary, AB who has knowledge and experience in designing and developing innovative digital-based learning programs.
This position will provide broad exposure to TC Energy’s business areas and provide an excellent opportunity to directly impact TC Energy’s capabilities through advanced and innovative learning solutions. The ability to collaborate and advise stakeholders and peers will be critical for success.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop innovative digital-based learning with business subject matter experts
- Provide expert advice on instructional design methods and make technical recommendations on the quality and effectiveness of visual design to meet learning needs
- Utilize digital-media skills in innovative software platforms to professionally develop and publish high quality learning
- Collaborate closely with team members and key business subject matter experts (SMEs) to perform training needs analysis, identify knowledge requirements and address capability gaps
- Understand learning needs and provide advice on appropriate learning approaches and platforms
- Effectively coordinate and create the design, development and implementation of high-quality learning content within required budget and timelines
- Use learning tools such as Articulate 360 suite (Storyline and Rise) and Adobe Premier Pro to produce a rich multi-modal learning experience
- Bring knowledge of digital media to build innovative and engaging training opportunities including designing, directing, recording, editing and publishing videos (This may include using live recording equipment for on-site video recording of specialized tasks)
- Create pre-production planning documents including shot lists, storyboards, and scripts
- Be innovative with learning including use of animations, transitions, and other effects to make the content highly engaging and fit-for-purpose for effective delivery of key messages to the audience
- Follow established processes, protocols, quality and safety standards for learning content, including branding, naming conventions, safety and technical accuracy verification with business SMEs
- Support change management and communication initiatives through the development of materials that enable desired outcomes
- Post-Secondary Degree in Multimedia Design, Communications, Education or a related field
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience and competence in design of corporate training content and development of practical, fit-for-purpose learning solutions
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
- Proficiency in Articulate 360 Storyline and Rise, and MS Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Stream
- Strong customer service, diplomacy and influencing skills to foster collaborative working relationships with internal / external stakeholders and partners at all leadership levels of the organization
- Previous experience in creating learning for highly technical field operation environments
- Experience in shooting, recording, editing and exporting video content
- Experience with digital media software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Previous experience creating 3D content in After Effects or CAD software
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract (record) for review
- Travel to field or other business locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which may involve some overnight stays away from home
- Have applicable travel documentation (passport) for cross border travel
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/28/2021 using reference code 90281. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.