Requisition Id: 21406
Department: Legal Department
Our Legal Services Unit, part of Pembina’s External Affairs Division is looking for a Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel to join the team. The Legal Services Unit provides legal advice and legal services to the entire organization, striving to be a trusted partner to the business that facilitates commerce and protects Pembina’s interests. Our team consists of commercial, corporate, regulatory, and securities lawyers who provide consistent, efficient and proactive legal services to the company.
The Legal Counsel will report to the Manager & Associate General Counsel as a member of the in-house legal team. The Legal Counsel will provide legal support and services on a wide variety of regulatory and commercial matters and will be dedicated to supporting the Pembina regulatory, environment, land and indigenous affairs groups at Pembina. This position will also collaborate with a variety of people and job functions within the organization and externally. Some of the more detailed responsibilities include and are not limited to:
Summary of Responsibilities
• Provide legal support and advice to Pembina’s regulatory, environment, land and indigenous affairs groups;
• Provide guidance and oversight on significant regulatory filings and project packages for Pembina and its subsidiaries in Canada and the United States;
• Provide guidance and oversight on regulatory and environmental compliance matters and audits for Pembina and its subsidiaries in Canada and the United States;
• Provide guidance and oversight on land matters for Pembina and its subsidiaries in Canada and the United States, including maintenance of appropriate forms of agreements;
• Assist on commercial matters, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial agreements with regard to regulatory and environmental matters;
• Liaise with external counsel in Canada and the United States regarding regulatory, environment, land and indigenous affairs matters; and
• Advise and provide updates on emerging legal trends and issues applicable to Pembina’s regulatory, environment, land and indigenous affairs groups.
• A minimum of five years of legal experience in regulatory law, in a law firm or large in-house department;
• Knowledge of current industry standards and legislation to ensure practices are current and in compliance;
• Strong and effective written and verbal negotiation and communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and reading and editing skills;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people and job functions within the organization internally and externally.
• Strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to support group dynamics; and
• Self-directed and motivated with the ability to quickly modify work priorities to meet unexpected and sometimes competing deadlines.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.