POSITION SUMMARY Strike is looking for Light Equipment Operator with relevant experience in oil & gas construction/facility maintenance on a telehandler or Skid Steer (with attachment experience). Typical day to day work will be to load and unload material, move aggregate material, rig and transport material throughout site, work outside equipment as necessary supporting labour/trades crews. There will be concrete to demolish with a breaker attachment to the skid steer, experience an asset however if no experience we can train if required. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position with a “Daily Live Out Allowance” (LOA) provided
- Work site located Hidden Lake Alberta located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance will be paid once per shift.
- Pipeline and or construction experience is an asset
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Must have Skid Steer/ Zoom Boom operating experience
- Attends and participates in various meetings such as monthly safety meetings, pre-job and tailgate meeting
- Experience with zoom boom (telehandler) and skid steer required
- Ground Disturbance 201
- First Aid & H2S
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) ticket
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Capable of working well on a team or individually
- Capable of following directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- Detail oriented with a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather
- Must be capable of getting to the designated job site
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.