Long Run Exploration is a private Calgary-based intermediate oil and natural gas company focused on light
oil development and exploration in Western Canada. The company is guided by a strong management
team with a proven track record of delivering organic growth; growth through acquisition and
optimization; and implementing new technology in resource plays and enhanced recovery.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
The primary focus of this role is to ensure that payroll is processed accurately within established time
frames in addition to the management of all benefits programs.
- Process accurate and on time semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
- Maintain accurate employee records for payroll and benefits administration
- Administer and review changes made to employee records (including but not limited to
hiring, compensation changes, leaves, benefits changes, terminations, etc.)
- Manage employee savings plan by maintaining accurate records and working with the plan
administrator for all change management
- Manage year end activities up to and including T4 processing
- Reconciliation of payroll and benefits related accounts
- Assess and administer Vehicle Taxable Benefit for eligible employees
- Analysis, processing and reconciliation of taxable benefits and relevant reporting
- Assist with preparation of contract operator agreements; review and record contract
operator wire payments for Treasury
- Analysis and reporting of field salaries data for Operations Accounting
- Provide detailed salary information for government assistance programs
- Manage time and attendance reporting
- Manage disability claims with third party providers
- Provide support with other HR generalist duties, as require
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fundamental knowledge of payroll and accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- 10+ years of progressive Canadian multi-jurisdiction payroll and HR experience
- Advanced technical competence in Excel with a high level of proficiency in data and
spreadsheet management, data manipulation and validation.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- PCP certification
- Ceridian software knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to work with confidential information to ensure integrity, confidentiality and
- Extensive working knowledge of federal and provincial legislation and employment
- Able to effectively communicate with government agencies, third party program providers
as well as respond to employee queries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Long Run Exploration Ltd.