Long Run Exploration Ltd.
Long Run Exploration Ltd. is a Calgary based intermediate exploration and production company focused on light oil and natural gas development in Western Canada. We are currently looking to fill the following position: Production Engineer (6 month contract). The contract may be extended or a permanent role given, pending business needs, individual performance and delivered results. The ideal candidate will have a strong field operations background, combined with experience as a production or exploitation engineer.
· Challenge the status quo
· Self-motivated and results driven – Persist in the face of obstacles
· Work quickly / efficiently and can prioritize accordingly
· Communicate with the field and troubleshoot remotely
· Strong organization and project management skills that enable full cycle project execution and effective interaction with multiple stakeholders
· Daily accountabilities: review current production rates and downtime. Communicate with the field regarding well, facility and cost performance. Identify any weakness and/or optimization opportunities.
· Detailed area and well reviews with a focus on reactivating shut in wells, identifying recompletion opportunities, and reducing operating costs.
· Well evaluations: log interpretation, decline analysis, stimulation recommendation, wellbore modelling, and artificial lift performance.
· Production operation evaluations: pipeline modelling, compression optimization, oil and gas treating and processing, metering and measurement.
· Work with exploitation, completions, and facilities to identify, evaluate and execute on optimization opportunities; both surface and downhole.
· Monitor, evaluate and optimize operating costs through review of lease operating statements and collaboration with operations staff.
· Joint Venture: identify and capitalize on opportunities to capture 3rd party revenue and maximize throughput at Long Run operated facilities with gas processing, emulsion treating and water disposal arrangements. Review and approve monthly third party processing bills (JIB’s).
· Experience in management and implementation of IWCP and Directive 13 programs for suspended wells.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering. Petroleum Technologists will also be considered.
· Must have a minimum 15 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, specifically with more than 2 years in the field as an operator or field engineer. The majority of experience should be as a production or exploitation engineer. A background in completions or facility engineering is an asset.
· Experience with Geoscout, Mosaic, FastPiper, Excel, and other business analytic tools.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Long Run Exploration Ltd.