Long Run Exploration Ltd.
Long Run Exploration is a Calgary based intermediate oil company focused on light-oil and natural gas development in Western Canada. We offer a positive work environment that emphasizes employee engagement in a creative and cooperative work culture.
Reporting to the Controller, we are currently looking to fill the following position:
Senior Financial Analyst (Calgary, Alberta)
· Month End Close: preparing month end accrual entries, running month end jobs, and coordinating teams to ensure timely Trial Balance handoff to Financial Reporting.
· Monthly entries including NPI Royalty Calculation, Field Salaries Reclass, Opex Allocations, Billable Software Allocation; coordinate with Field Staff on Allocation and run updates.
· Monthly Reporting & Analysis: Lease Operations Statements, reports for the Field and other reporting and analysis as required by various departments.
· Review of month end entries, Financial Reporting Package, Highlights, and Financial Statements
· Coordinate Opex Forecasting process tool for Operations and Accounting and support for operations and Field Foreman on process.
· Production Variance Reporting to Operations, Finance, and Marketing Teams
· Actuals to Budget and Forecast analysis of Production, Opex, Capital and G&A for Management Meeting Presentation
· Monthly CRA filings of GST and Non-Resident Tax; monthly Fuel Charge Returns; yearly filings of T5, NR4 Summary Returns and Tax Slips; quarterly PST Returns for SK; review of T2 returns
· Accounting System Maintenance: Division of Interests, Hierarchy, Chart of Account, and Allocations. Finance contact for LCN/JVCN updates from Land and JV.
· AFE/Cost Center setup and routing support in AFENAV
· System Administrator/main contact for Envision, Webfocus, Qbyte FM, Optix, and Energylink
· Testing and support for system upgrades
· A&D Accounting Support (ISOA & FSOA)
· Yearly Audit Planning, Testing Support and Internal Control review
· Business or Commerce Graduate, with an Accounting/Finance Degree preferred
· Completion of an accounting designation or current enrollment in the CPA Program is considered an asset
· Intermediate Excel capabilities, including pivot tables
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to build strong working relationships
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
This is a full-time contract position to start with the potential to convert to permanent full-time. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to HR@longrunexploration.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Long Run Exploration Ltd.