FT Contract Field Operator
Location: Edmonton & Spruce Grove, AB
Posting Close Date: Until filled
MUST BE ALREADY IN THE AREA/PROVINCE to be considered.
MAGA Energy has an excellent opportunity for a contract field operator in the Edmonton & Spruce Grove operating area. Working in a high paced, high energy work team, the primary responsibility of the successful candidate will and be to effectively provide for the safe and cost-effective operation and maintenance for our wells, gathering systems, and process facilities. The MAGA operations team ensures the superior performance of mechanical, instrumentation and facilities by implementing cost efficiencies and maximizing production.
The candidate must be willing to work extra hours and be on-call as required. Responsibilities and the duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- ·Manage and maintain day-to-day operation of oil wells, single well batteries, centralized processing, facilities, solution gas gathering and compression.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operations of and routine maintenance of high-pressure gas wells and gathering systems.
- Monitor the field to ensure production and reliability meet targets and provide effective troubleshooting as required.
- Utilize Prodman software to comply with production accounting requirements.
- Contribute to successful daily execution of the business plan (ie. production volume targets, health, safety, environment, OPEX, reliability) by identifying opportunities to maximize production, minimize operating costs and eliminate downtime.
- Monitor and evaluate process conditions to achieve optimum throughput.
- Work cross functionally with the construction and maintenance teams and collaborate to optimize production and make changes in the field.
- Assist in commissioning and turnaround planning and perform minor maintenance and plant housekeeping as required.
- Provide training and mentoring for team members to assist in completion of assigned production tasks that required additional competencies or in-depth problem solving.
- Operates assigned field facility to maintain production quotas: Interprets pressure and differential readings (pipeline and valve problems, flow changes, orifice plate selection, flow rate, well conditions and initiates corrective action.
- Minimum 5+ years of oil and gas operating experience
- You will need to have your own 4×4 vehicle in good working and reliable condition c/w tools for operating wells, pipelines and facilities in a sour gas environment.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or combination of education and experience.
- Possess excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. ·
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work in an unsupervised situation.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft, Outlook, SCADA, Prodman or similar.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License – drivers abstract is required.
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the MAGA Energy safety program.
- Energy specific Alcohol and Drug Policy which includes pre-assignment testing.
- Must be located near the operating area while on shift.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a high-pressure gas processing field with a thorough understanding of gas and liquid processes.
- Experience with dehydration equipment, transfer pumps, plunger lifts, compression, and condensate stabilization is an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to process changes and modifications.
- Excellent communication and strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Current certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG is required.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping standards.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.