MAINTENANCE PLANNER/SCHEDULER – HARMATTAN
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Harmattan Maintenance Superintendent, this position is responsible for assisting with the organization and management of the CMMS (Maximo), for providing technical support on maintenance activities to the facility, and for developing and tracking maintenance KPIs for the business. This position will support the Harmattan Facility.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with managing the work order and maintenance tracking systems
- Communicate with Operations team members on maintenance planning and scheduling status, progress and delivery issues
- Responsible for communication and support of work orders issued to plant operations in a timely manner
- Generate and distributing new schedules based on work reported
- Identify schedule conflicts and propose resolutions
- Utilize the Maximo system to the full capabilities
- Assist with creating a critical parts inventory & ensure inventory is managed to minimize downtime
- Schedule & manage third party maintenance service providers, track & control costs
- Provide support to procurement group regarding purchasing of maintenance parts
- Assist with planning turnaround activities for maintenance at the facilities
- Review and input maintenance records into Maximo
- Assist with building a bill of materials for parts related to PM’s on facility equipment
- Identify, maintain and review key performance indicator (KPI) reports on planning / scheduling activities
- Ensure that maintenance plans are in compliance with safety, environment and regulatory requirements
- Monitor compliance with established maintenance practices and provide solutions for resolving gaps or making improvements to those practices
- Facilitate schedule optimization activities for planning and specific outage events
- Establish and maintain best practices for scheduling
What you must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years planning/scheduling maintenance activities in heavy industry
- Experience with turnaround process and management is an asset
- Extensive planning/scheduling experience using a CMMS program (preferably Maximo) and Microsoft Projects Scheduling
- 5+ years’ experience in a plant maintenance position – gas plant preferred
- Strong safety background related to plant environments
- Technical trade in one of the following mechanical, electrical, instrument, pipefitting/welding
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, instrument, pipefitting/welding and piping/pump systems
- Good practical maintenance background in Plant facilities with ability to walk-down jobs, make sure materials are ordered, and monitor work crews schedules (maintenance team and contractors)
- Microsoft Office/Projects capable, with reasonable expertise in Excel
- Experience with CMMS – Maximo preferred but not required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or in a team environment
Where you’ll be working:
The Harmattan Gas Processing Complex processes and extracts gas. It is one of the largest gas plants in Alberta and is located 100 kilometres north of Calgary near Sundre Alberta. Harmattan extracts NGLs from the raw natural gas delivered for processing, fractionates the recovered NGLs into specification ethane, propane, butane and condensate, and provides storage and terminalling services for each product. To learn more visit the Harmattan Gas Processing Complex.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.