MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS, RIPET
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Currently AltaGas is constructing a propane export facility that is located approximately 20 km south of Prince Rupert. The RIPET Facility will receive pressurized liquid propane via rail, which will be transferred to intermediate pressurized storage bullets. The propane will then be chilled, and transferred to refrigerated storage at atmospheric pressure. The cooled propane will be pumped to Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC) using the existing RTI coal jetty, for transport to Asia and other markets.
Reporting to the Team Lead Maintenance, this position is responsible for the instrumentation and controls maintenance activities for the facility. Once the facility has been fully commissioned, this position will become a unionized role.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilize the Maximo system to the full capabilities
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance
- Assist with managing a critical parts inventory to minimize downtime of facility equipment
- Assist with managing third party maintenance service providers to ensure costs are tracked and controlled
- Provide support to procurement group regarding purchasing of maintenance parts and equipment
- Coordinate and plan turnaround activities for maintenance at the facilities
- Complete Instrument and control maintenance on a daily basis and troubleshoots plant upset issues
- Place a strong focus on safety and increasing safety culture
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, company policies, safety and environmental standards
- Maintain and troubleshoot process control problems
- Installs instrument tubing and small diameter pressure piping
- Maintain and configure distributed control systems (DCS) and PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Control Logix and Delta V)
- Identify, install, develop and implement upgrades on existing instrument equipment
- Assist other trades as required
- Test, troubleshoot, repair
- Maintain Instrument systems including primary field devices, valves, actuators, meters and analyzers
- Meter Calibration/Proving and maintain audit trail
- Work with automation specialists to troubleshoot and repair control systems
- Communicate and work with Operations on any Technical training requirements
- Ensure MOC process is followed when making any changes to Plant Control System or Shutdown Devices within the plants
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum Journeymen Instrumentation and Controls
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Gas Plants and Compression systems
- Power generation experience would be considered an asset
- PLC and/or DCS Training would also be considered an asset
- Basic Safety Tickets H2S/First Aid
- Arc Flash PPE/Safety Training would be an asset
- CSA Z462 Electrical Safety Training would be an asset
- Preference will be giving to a dual ticketed I/E certification applicants
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALTALTD&cws=1&rid=380 →