MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – Rotating Equipment Gordondale/Pouce Coupe
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Located near Spirit River, Alberta, the Gordondale Gas Plant is the only facility in the area to offer high efficiency recovery of natural gas liquids (NGLs), also known as deep cut capability. The Plant also has peaking power plant generators which serve as emergency back-up generation for the plant as well as generate electricity and supply power to the grid when demand is high or supply is low.
Reporting to the Team Lead Maintenance, this position is responsible for providing direction and support in coordinating maintenance activities at the Gordondale/Pouce Coupe facilities.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct maintenance and other critical tasks in order to obtain industry leading availability and reliability through the utilization of the Maximo asset management tool.
- Facilitate ongoing liaison with management and staff from various departments including Engineering, and Operations;
- Work with Operations to ensure effective job planning;
- Update maintenance procedures as required.
- Be able to work alone or with a team.
- Efficiently and effectively direct contract personnel
- Experience in a scheduling and/or planning role.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum five years’ experience in an industrial setting. Plant and/or oil & gas experience would be considered an asset.
- Journeyman Trade Certificate (Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic) would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by selecting the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALTALTD&cws=1&rid=288 →