POSITION SUMMARY Strike Group’s Management Training Program is an entry level leadership program that is designed for people who aspire to progress through field training to a career in management. Management Trainees receive “hands on” field construct-ability experience and technical training. Technical training includes both field and classroom exposure to project management, cost control, scheduling, safety management, quality management, estimating and proposal delivery, financial, administration and business development. Graduates of this leadership program provide Strike with a core group of highly qualified candidates for management positions in operations and/or corporate roles. Position Location
- Must be local and or willing to relocate to Fort St. John for duration of the program (approximately 2-3 years)
- Live by the Values of the company
- Create and maintain all proper site- and project-specific documentation, including reports, files, and communications
- Assist in project scheduling, including personnel and production timelines
- Assist in developing bid proposal packages
- Assist in developing and applying turnover packages
- Sit on workplace health and safety committees
- Participate in regular site tailgate meetings
- Enforce and follow all proper construction codes and specifications in jurisdictions
- Conduct hazard assessments
- Conduct job planning and benchmarking
- Assist with corporate estimating
- Assist in the development and management of assigned projects
- Administer worksite inspections
- Conduct quality control audits
- Deliver quality assurance
- Participate in all aspects of construction execution and service in various industries
- Surveying/Geomatics, Project Management, and or Engineering Technologist diploma/certification from a reputable college. A secondary certification in Business Administration and or Accounting would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 6 months construction experience completing “hands on” manual labour would be considered an asset in addition to a trade diploma/certification.
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Employees are expected to support, participate and adhere to Strike Groups safety culture and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.