POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Management Trainee Program is an entry level leadership program that is designed for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in the Oil and Gas construction business. Management Trainees receive “hands on” field constructability experience and technical training. Technical training includes both field and classroom exposure to project management, cost control, scheduling, safety management, quality management, estimating and proposal delivery, finance, administration, and business development. With skilled supervision, a variety of field-based operational training, exposure to a variety of functional areas and mentoring to ensure success of our graduates, this leadership program provides the company with a pipeline of highly qualified candidates for management positions within our organization. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. POSITION DETAILS
- This program will involve “hands-on” field work, which is physically demanding and labor intensive. It will require working extended hours on projects located in various locations across Western Canada.
- The program offers an hourly rate with a guaranteed monthly minimum and pays overtime when extended hours of work are involved. A comprehensive benefit plan is also included.
- The program is typically two to three years in duration but is dependent on the Trainee’s previous experience and accomplishments during the program. Candidates completing the Management Trainee Program will have the opportunity to pursue a career in a variety of roles in either operational supervisory roles or other functional and project related positions in the organization.
- Applicants must be mobile and willing to relocate to Crossfield for duration of the program (approximately 2-3 years)
- Ability to commute to and from project site locations as required
- Live by the values of our company
- Create and maintain all proper site and project-specific documentation including reports, files, and communications
- Assist in project scheduling including personnel and production timelines
- Assist in developing bid proposal packages
- Assist in developing and administering quality control turnover packages
- Attend workplace health and safety committee meetings
- Enforce and follow all proper construction codes and specifications in jurisdictions
- Conduct hazard assessments
- Conduct job planning and benchmarking
- Assist with corporate estimating
- Assist in the development and management of assigned projects
- Administer worksite inspections
- Conduct quality control audits
- Deliver quality assurance
- Participate in all aspects of construction execution and service in various industries
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience
- Applicants must be mobile and willing to relocate.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in field construction and or project management.
- Applicants can be recent graduates, or expecting to graduate shortly, with a Construction Technology, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Surveying/Geomatics, and or Project Management Diploma/Degree.
- Certificated apprentices and/or Journeypersons in a relevant construction trade may also be considered for this program however must depict a high level of technical background and work experience.
- Previous field level construction experience will be considered a valuable asset in addition to the required education.
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.