Manager Commodity Analytics Liquids
Reference Code: 101869
Location: Canada (CA) -Calgary, AB
Job Category: Marketing/Trading
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/18/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Commercial Marketing Analytics Team is expanding to help support the growth of our Liquids Commercial team. The Commodities Analytics team is responsible for fundamental analytics and commercial operational support of the trading and origination groups as well information support for the risk and finance teams.
We are seeking a dynamic self-motivated individual in Calgary with mid to front office experience in North American crude oil. This position will manage analysts that work closely with commercial, scheduling, risk, accounting as well as management and can analyze and drive performance forecasts for the business unit.
What you’ll do
- Manage a small group of analysts in Calgary and Houston that provide commercial operational support.
- Provide oversight and input developing and maintaining complex analytical models to help understand, forecast and visualize crude supply/demand balances and prices. Utilize this work to generate and communicate tradeable insights.
- Use your experience to help to report, explain, and reconcile positions, earnings, forecasts, PnL, MTM, VaR, and Cash Flow at Risk measures. Understand how to translate and communicate all output to various stakeholders.
- Interpret large data sets and programs developed by team members/direct reports, and provide leadership support in sustaining and improving the data.
- Leverage your experience using and implementing ETRM’s such as EKA and ENDUR.
- Travel to Houston approximately quarterly to interface with team members and for team events.
- Work closely with other commodity analysts and traders in market view development.
- Network with industry counterparts in order to stay abreast new information that may impact energy markets.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in the organization including Trading, IT, and Corporate Strategy personnel.
- Be able to work in a non – regulated environment and meet/respect all compliance and Code of Business ethics requirements
- University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering, Business, Commerce or Economics
- Minimum 5-10 years of progressive experience
- Experience within the energy industry
- Demonstrated understanding of North American crude oil fundamentals, logistics, regulations, markets and trading.
- Has successfully managed people, or has the right attributes to provide direction to a growing team and business
- Solid understanding of the exposure created through origination, and trading.
- Experience with risk management reporting (VaR, MtM, Position Reports)
- Advanced computer skills, with experience in Excel, VB, API’s, SQL, R, Python, and PowerBI.
- Enjoys interfacing and leveraging relationships with stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Resourceful and open minded in approach to solving problems
- Experience managing dynamic workflow and multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/18/2022 using reference code 101869. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.