MANAGER, CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Director Finance, this position is responsible for managing monthly general ledger close and consolidation, facilitates cash application and reporting, review monthly checks and balances, involved with complex transactions, delivery of consolidated financial information to interested parties, while maintaining effective internal controls.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads a team of five individuals
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close and consolidation of results
- Ensure consolidation entries are appropriately and accurately recorded
- Review and approve journal entries pertaining to Treasury, Lease Accounting, Stock Options, etc.
- Manage enterprise non-GAAP measures and adjustments
- Manage Intercompany billings, settlements and balances
- Review monthly account reconciliations and responsible for Enterprise wide account reconciliation monitoring
- Responsible for the preparation of the consolidated cashflow, review of consolidated results, variance analysis review for both Balance Sheet & Income Statement
- Primary liaison with US subsidiary and other finance groups regarding month-end close and general ledger account mapping
- Facilitate quarterly general ledger close calls with subsidiaries and business units
- Manage AltaGas’ cash application process, oversee Accounts Receivable & AFDA meetings with businesses
- Facilitate CECL assessment for AltaGas and prepare Enterprise Accounts Receivable memo to the Audit Committee
- Review and prepare Financial Statement Note Disclosure and prepare working capital analysis for the MD&A
- Work closely with the Sustainment Team to maintain AltaGas’ ERP
- Lead ERP user group meetings and participate in enterprise planning and performance sub committee & initiatives
- Manage the execution of complex accounting entries (e.g. asset depositions, legal entity windups, business acquisitions, accounting standard implementation, etc) as needed
- Own, manage and execute effective SOX and business controls within Corporate Accounting
- Identify and implement process improvements and areas for efficiencies.
- Assist in finance initiatives and projects including IT implementations that impact the ERP
What you must have:
- Confident, detailed oriented and enthusiastic team player with superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Accounting related designation (CPA) with a minimum of five years related work experience post-designation
- Bachelor of Commerce (finance or accounting)
- Proficient in the application of GAAP principles including US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of financial systems (e.g. JDE and Hyperion) would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Ability to adhere to timelines and other milestones
- Comfortable with taking on new responsibilities and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work with diverse and cross-functional teams with a focus on team success
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.