We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Approximately 670 kilometres, the Coastal GasLink (CGL) pipeline will safely deliver natural gas from the Western Canadian basin in northeast B.C., Dawson Creek area, to the proposed LNG Canada facility on the West Coast near Kitimat, B.C. To learn more about the Coastal GasLink pipeline project, visit our website.
TC Energy is seeking a senior level environmental specialist. Reporting to the Director, Environment Land and Regulatory, in this position you will direct a team of environmental inspection personnel and be responsible for overseeing environmental protection and compliance during construction implementation of CGL. You will be accountable for the development and implementation of environmental protection and compliance program strategies and play an active role in overall execution of the environmental scope for the project.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical procedural direction to internal and external personnel and oversee responsibility for environmental protection and compliance and issue management employed during construction implementation
- Provide environmental construction planning, permitting and design expertise to support project development for pipeline and energy projects
- Work extensively with external groups including regulatory agencies, Indigenous groups, communities and landowners, as well as a multi-disciplinary project team
- Maintain and establish environmental protection and construction compliance programs, procedures and initiatives to support project and corporate initiatives
- Identify and oversee allocation and coordination of environmental inspection resources and manage resolution improvement process on compliance issues
- Develop and lead national contracting and recruitment strategies, quality control/quality assurance audits and additional program development initiatives that reduce corporate risks
- Collaborate with key internal groups responsible for project design and implementation (e.g. construction management, project management, land and safety) to design, identify and address technical environmental procedural issues to ensure corporate and project objectives are met
- Champion Health, Safety & Environment commitment and underlying principles throughout the organization
- Provide project management support for environmental compliance activities on projects, including strategies, execution plans, budgeting and scheduling
- Negotiate with environmental regulators, business partners and contractors to aid in influencing project or corporate issues, regulatory initiatives or industry standards
- Advise management on environmental construction issues affecting the industry as well as specific projects, and will propose, negotiate and implement solutions to manage identified risks
- Make presentations at meetings/conferences and prepare written correspondence
- Bachelor's degree or equivalency in environmental sciences, geography, public policy or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in managing environmental planning and permitting for pipelines and other energy projects, including routing/siting and construction and environmental inspection
- Previous experience solving complex and unique regulatory, permitting and construction compliance issues on major pipeline projects
- Knowledge of Canadian environmental laws/regulations and practices pertaining to pipeline and energy project development, with expertise and experience on major projects and in the B.C. regulatory environment
- Expertise in developing/implementing environmental protection and construction compliance management program on major pipeline or energy projects
- Commitment to client service and support
- management, permitting and environmental construction compliance
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and non-governmental organizations
- Strategic thinker with the demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies with respect to construction contractual performance
Apply to this posting by 06/17/2019 using reference code 58971. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.