Manager, Integrated Planning
Reference Code: 80761
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 04/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Management, the successful candidate will lead a group of engineering and business professionals that are dedicated to the consolidation, prioritization, optimization and planning of work on TCE’s Canadian Natural Gas Assets. The optimization and planning of the work is done to meet safety, regulatory, integrity, reliability, performance, and financial objectives both in the near and long term.
We are seeking an individual that is a strong strategic and systems thinker that is also a capable of managing multiple stakeholder expectations in a very dynamic environment. Key interfaces for this role will be with Canada Gas Engineering, Operations, Projects, and several key corporate functions. This is a key role in in helping Canada Gas Operations, Engineering, and Projects deliver its vision of simply being the best.
What you’ll do
- Accountable for integrated planning of the work that touches TCE Canadian Natural Gas assets (NGTL, Foothills, Mainline, TQM)
- Plan and optimize the work to ensure both short- and long-term business objectives are met (i.e., safety, regulatory, integrity, reliability, performance, financial).
- Facilitation and consolidation of all facility and pipeline outage requirements through a structured process, work collaboratively with Operations Planning to determine optimal outage plans that balance pipeline system availability requirements with maintenance and project work priority, timing and duration.
- Work closely with both engineering and execution teams to ensure all work in the portfolio is planned and optimized.
- Drive the improvement of integrated planning processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of work and outage planning
- Identification and mitigation of portfolio risks
- Improve the transparency of the portfolio and support better decision making through improved portfolio metrics and targets
- Ensure a high degree of execution confidence of the work (i.e., work timelines and impacts are as anticipated) through comprehensive consultation with key stakeholders (i.e., engineering, projects).
- 15+ years of progressive experience in areas of gas pipeline facility (compression, pipeline, measurement) as it relates to operations, maintenance, integrity, reliability, and capacity and maintenance projects.
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field
- Strong leadership skills with a superior ability to formally and informally lead others
- Superior written and oral communication skills, project management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, people management skills and financial acumen
- Outstanding negotiation and dispute resolutions skills, able to drive optimal outcome between stakeholders with differing opinions
- Professional Engineering Designation would be an asset
- 5 or more years of progressive leadership experience
- Strong listening, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to network and influence others
- Strong Canada Gas business aptitude would be considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple high priorities and negotiate the optimal solution for stakeholders
Apply to this posting by 04/22/2021 using reference code 80761. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.