Manager, IS Program – Performance and Enablement
Reference Code: 94381
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 12/07/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our team is evolving, and there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of TC Energy’s Information Services (IS) team. We are seeking a Manager, IS Program – Performance and Enablement who will be responsible for leading a high-performance team responsible for delivering business value through lean project and product processes. The Manager will utilize cutting edge program management methodologies, experience and technical knowledge to drive collaborative and strategic planning, team development and proactive stakeholder engagement to maximize benefit, minimize cost, and reduce risks. The selected candidate must be outcome obsessed, should be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Director, IS Performance and Enablement.
What you’ll do
- Manages various IS portfolio initiatives including but not limited to Network Improvement and Business Growth initiatives, following a well-defined framework (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Delivers the portfolio on time, on budget and within approved scope to deliver business value, in partnership with IS & business stakeholders
- Tracks and communicates portfolio status regularly through reports, presentations & meetings
- Escalate / communicate portfolio risks and issues, to ensure appropriate leadership involvement and decision making
- Fostering a collaborative and high performing working team
- Develop people with a focus on building the leadership, technical capability, strategic thinking and business acumen that IT leaders require for the future
- Participate as a valued member of the IS Management Team, leaving your mandate and ego at the door and working to deliver our IS strategy: Outcome Obsessed, Always-On and Unleashed Superpowers
- Conduct interviews with perspective candidates for open positions
- Effectively managing, developing, and training the resources on cutting edge project and product management practices.
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution or a combination of other education and equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in related leadership roles
- Experience leading teams of customer facing services
- Strong knowledge of network, telecommunications, engineering design standards and applicable natural gas industry regulations- must stay current on technology and industry standards.
- Proven experience as a transformational leader building world-class teams that make good decisions, drive priorities, and deliver value by coaching and use of performance management skills
- Proven systems thinker with demonstrated skills to lead through complexity, delegation, negotiation, influencing, and value realization
- PMI certification or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in the areas of team facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing, process mapping, problem solving and creative solutions, Stakeholder management and project management
- Strong competencies in the following areas: Building a Successful Team; Building Partnerships; Communication; Developing Others
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all cultural and company boundaries
- Excellent analytical, communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 12/07/2021 using reference code 94381. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.