MANAGER, NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy. (“https://contactmonkey.com/api/v1/tracker?cm_session=ef0c6533-a0fa-4e38-8f75-48ad2638776a&cm_type=link&cm_link=537a3485-3edd-47f5-b2c3-9bee53e99b91&cm_destination=https://www.altagas.ca/about/overview-altagas“)
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Director, Digital Infrastructure and Operations, you will be managing the delivery of predictable and stable Digital services by leading and managing the support of the network infrastructure environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the day-to-day support activities of the network infrastructure environment, including:
- WAN/LAN/SWAN (Cisco, Silverpeak)
- Voice and Video (Cisco, Microsoft Teams)
- Collaboration technologies (Cisco, Microsoft)
- Cloud Connectivity (AWS, Azure)
- Data Centre, field site / office, site to site and Internet communications (Telus, Rogers, Shaw, 3CIS, Verizon, Equinix)
- Maintain architecture roadmaps and set overall direction for the network infrastructure across the enterprise
- Ensure relevant performance management activities such as measurement of Service Level Agreements are performed
- Review and analyze existing infrastructure effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Execute business continuity and disaster recovery testing and sustainment processes
- Oversee IT Asset Management activities including physical re-location of infrastructure related assets
- Lead departmental operational and project planning processes with managed services tower leaders
- Manage procurement and contract management processes when applicable
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent activities
- Identify, assess and communicate operational risks
- Manage business unit operations budget in alignment with CapEx/OpEx guidelines and project priorities
- Contribute to department operational planning and projects; organize and negotiate the allocation of resources
- Provide subject matter technical expertise on infrastructure to resolve disruptions and alarm conditions using standardized escalation processes
- Oversee implementation processes and the migration to live production environments
- Oversee definitions to meet ITS operational requirements, and support documentation, service level agreements (SLAs), and training
- Develop and supervise the creation, documentation, implementation of operating procedure manuals (OPMs); monitor adherence; provide guidelines, knowledgebase articles, procedures and policies, standard reports to the Director, Digital Infrastructure and Operations
- Act as a key point of contact for Managed Service Provider tower lead in the prompt detection, analysis, isolation, and resolution of faulty conditions in the production environment and in the minimization of impact to business users and customers
- Collaborate with other leaders to perform effective staff, infrastructure and capability planning
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on technical trends and make recommendations for server, application or cybersecurity enhancements
What you must have:
- Minimum ten (10) years’ progressive experience in Digital infrastructure/network operations
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in business or information systems
- CCSP/CCNA/CCIE or CCDP or another Cisco/Network certification in either design or implementation
- Routing & Switching experience (BGP, OSPF, RIP, PVST, HSRP, etc.)
- Additional Vendor certifications or current training in Network technologies
- Qualifications in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is an asset
- Solid Experience in troubleshooting: DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPNs, LACP, SSL, NAT/PAT, ADSL/Cable Modems, copper/fiber wiring issues
- Expert knowledge and understanding of network monitoring & performance technologies
- Understanding of Telco transport technologies (SONET, ATM, MPLS)
- Understanding of traditional Telephony technologies (PBX, PRIs)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple competing priorities while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
- Experienced with monitoring service levels based on agreements
- Experienced in making necessary operations adjustments based on KPI trends
- Experienced with leading a team to support and maintain Digital environments
- Proven ability to create an environment where identifying project risks is positive
- Project leadership to provide technical expertise and leadership through all project phases
- Leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, and oral/written/presentation skills
- Familiar with problem management
- Demonstrated ability to perform operational capacity management
- Able to communicate at various levels from senior business stakeholders to technical subject matter experts in designing and developing technical solutions to business needs
- Experience working with/managing Managed Service Providers
- Demonstrated experience as an Enterprise technical project lead
Where you’ll be working:
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry,, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.