Manager, North Cogeneration & Storage
Reference Code: 83322
Location: Canada (CA) – Edmonton, AB
Job Category: Management; Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 04/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Manager, North Cogeneration & Storage reports to the Director, Operations Power & Storage and will be based out of the TC Energy Edmonton field office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe, reliable, and strategic operation and maintenance of the Edson Gas Storage Facility, the MacKay Cogeneration Facility, and the Bear Creek Cogeneration Facility.
Additional duties also include collaboration with various departments, assistance with the development and implementation of asset optimization/performance strategies, ensuring compliance to all internal and external requirements, budget planning and forecasting, and staff development. The individual in this position will also act as an interface with TC Energy Commercial Gas Storage and Power teams. The successful candidate will be available after normal work hours and weekends, as required.
*This position requires successful candidate to:
• Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
• Provide a Driver’s Abstract for review
• Successfully complete a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing
• Travel occasionally and meet requirements including appropriate documentation necessary to travel to the USA on business for training, meetings, and to attend conferences
What you’ll do
• Provide leadership to continuously improve your teams’ performance in terms of health, safety and environment, compliance, reliability and productivity/plant availability
• Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, provincial, and local regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures pertaining to maintenance
• Understand and manage facility risks, reliability, availability and performance
• Understand and incorporate the commercial contracts and obligations of the facilities
• Effectively manage all resources, including people, finances, materials and time to ensure maximum efficiency in planning, forecasting, implementation and plant availability
• Develop and foster an environment which actively enables and encourages employee innovation, continuous improvement, and commitment to operational excellence
• Plan, forecast, manage and report on the plant operations and maintenance budget
• Manage and coordinate emergency response with a requirement to attend the plant during emergency and outage situations
• Build and develop a strong, competent, proactive, and engaged team
• Develop individual training plans for your team members
• Provide your team with excellent performance feedback, appropriate rewards, recognition, and coaching
• Ensure that company resources are effectively utilized to improve reliability and availability of our facilities and to support regional operations
• Contribute to department and companywide objectives and initiatives
• Work collaboratively to establish the department, site and team strategies, goals, and business plan
• Represent the company and foster critical partnerships both internally and externally
• Be a champion for continuous improvement and change management
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field
• Relevant Red Seal trade certification such as Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation, First Class Power Engineer, Professional Engineer or a combination of the preceding certifications
• 15+ years of experience in the operation & maintenance of power generation facilities, and/or gas storage facilities
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a leadership and/or management position
• A combination of education and work experience may be considered
• Demonstrated leadership in the areas of health, safety and environment, change management, employee development, and performance management
• Strong power plant and/or gas storage operational and maintenance background with business acumen ability to drive short- and long-term goals and objectives
• Ability to lead and direct employees in performing day to day activities and long-term initiatives
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills with diverse work groups
• Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and networking ability
• Competent with MS Office suite of products and demonstrated ability to attain competency with customized software products
• Advanced analysis and problem-solving abilities coupled with strong decision-making skills
• Ability to adapt positively to a changing environment
• Experience with conflict resolution and problem-solving tools and processes
About our business
TC Energy’s portfolio of high-quality, long-life energy infrastructure assets now includes investments in seven power generation facilities with a combined generating capacity of approximately 4,200 megawatts (MW) – enough to power more than 4 million homes. Approximately 75 per cent of our power capacity is emission-less and we are leaders in the development and operation of high-efficiency, natural gas-fired generating stations.
Apply to this posting by 04/22/2021 using reference code 83322. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.