Manager, Operations Planning
Reference Code: 74581
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering; Management; Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/27/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Capacity Management department is currently seeking a leader for the Operations Planning team. The Operations Planning team is responsible for short term and medium-term operations planning and system optimization, operational communications with customers, and coordinating with interconnecting pipelines for the Canada Natural Gas Pipelines business unit (Canada Gas BU) including NGTL, Canadian Mainline, Foothills and TQM. The large footprint, complexity and high demand for our pipeline systems requires a highly energetic, competent and strategic leader for this challenging and exciting opportunity.
This role will report to the Director of Capacity Management. Reporting to this role are the supervisors for Operations Planning West team responsible for NGTL and Foothills, Operations Planning East team responsible for Canadian Mainline and TQM, and individual contributors. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of operations planning to maximize value of our existing assets.
What you’ll do
• Lead a dynamic team in successful execution and communication of outage management for all pipeline systems within Canada Gas BU, minimizing impact to customers
• Optimize the system capacity to meet dynamic market and customer needs
• Provide strategic direction to the team to prioritize competing priorities
• Liaise with internal partners across Canada Gas to drive common understanding of goals and business outcomes
• Engage external customers to understand customer needs, prioritize concerns and work collaboratively with industry to resolve concerns
• Support commercial and technical initiatives to enhance our competitiveness and sustainability
• Understand the commercial environment that the Company operates in including the provision of commercial transportation services
• Act as a Company witness in regulatory proceedings, as well as presenting in stakeholder forums such as the regulatory task force or industry customer meetings
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement, high performance and technical excellence
• Develop leaders and individual contributors
• Build a strong, competent, engaged and sustainable team
• 15 years’ related experience with 5 years’ experience leading large, diverse teams
• Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma
• An alternate combination of education or experience may be considered
• Strong people development and leadership skills
• Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Proven strategic and systematic thinking and communication skills
• Engineering, operations or commercial experience is preferred
• Proven leadership aptitude and abilities to lead a large and dynamic team
• Proven abilities to make tough and real time decisions under elevated pressure
• Experience and track record to successfully and collaboratively work with a large number of internal stakeholders
• Experience and track record to effectively communicate with customers with competing interests and priorities
• Knowledge and understanding of the competitive environment in which TC Energy operates
• Knowledge and experience of system design and operation
• Pipeline operation planning, system design, gas operations, and commercial experience is considered an asset
• Business acumen with knowledge of gas supply and markets, pipeline infrastructure in North America is considered an asset
About our business
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 11/27/2020 using reference code 74581. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.