MANAGER OPERATIONS, RIDLEY ISLAND PROPANE EXPORT TERMINAL
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company.
Currently AltaGas is constructing a propane export facility that is located approximately 20 km south of Prince Rupert, BC. The RIPET Facility will receive pressurized liquid propane via rail, which will be transferred to intermediate pressurized storage bullets. The propane will then be chilled, and transferred to refrigerated storage at atmospheric pressure. The cooled propane will be pumped to Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC) using the existing RTI coal jetty, for transport to Asia and other markets.
Reporting to Senior Director Operations, Gas this position is responsible for coordinating, directing, motivating, and growing a multi-disciplinary team within a union environment. The position is will be located full time in Prince Rupert, BC.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop both annual and long-term operating/maintenance plans, budgets, and capital replacement/upgrade projects in order to attain required availability and reliability
- Develop annual operating budget; monitor and control approved budget
- Accountable for the recruitment, training, retention and motivation of operations personnel to ensure segment objectives are achieved
- Ensure training plans are developed and maintained for all staff
- Develop and support an operating culture which is accountable, collaborative, and entrepreneurial with a focus on bottom line performance and growth
- Present a professional image and manage ongoing positive relationships with the public, key customers, all levels of Government (Local, Municipal, Provincial), First Nations and other stakeholders
- Maintain high levels of communication with our Commercial team and Customers to ensure their needs are satisfied and to help promote future business
- Demonstrate Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and personal accountability, lead by example and inspire others through positive attitude and energy
- Provide staff with a sense of AltaGas ownership
- Ensure all field staff are consistent in their application of AltaGas policies, procedures and programs
- Review site safety inspections, accident reports, and investigate if necessary and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure the operations meet or exceed all government and industry standards/regulations
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with our internal Codes of Practice
- Provide technical mentoring to employees on construction projects
- Participate in key commercial discussions and input on development projects
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in a marine liquids terminal or gas plant
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- Power Engineering or Steam Ticket considered an asset
- Proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by the ability to plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility
- Supervisory/leadership skills along with ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Proven business acumen, with problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Approachable, flexible and able to adapt in a fluid work environment
- Operations experience during terminal construction
- Direct field operations experience
- Passion and commitment to the training and development of the team
- Understanding of midstream operations business model
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based applications
- Exposure to HSE management systems, CMMS systems such as Maximo, will be considered an asset
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing a unionized environment would be considered an asset
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture and assistance to support continuous learning and growth, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.